It’s hard to believe it’s that time of year again. Snow is falling as if on cue, the lights are hung and the trees are trimmed. There is only one thing left to do, say thanks.
We have so much to be thankful for this past year:
- On October 11, we celebrated our 4th annual Foundation for the Future Luncheon. This year guests heard first-hand from special speaker, Assistant Principal of Sherwood Park Global Studies, Mrs. Yamaka Bracey. Sharing her hard-won journey of becoming an educator, Ms. Bracey inspired each and every one of our guests with her moving story.
- Our very own Cara Jones, received the YNPN GR 2017 Leadership Award in the Good-to-Great Category!
- Good Things Happen to Readers celebrated its fourth year! This program has impacted thousands of 1st grader GRPS students by putting books into their hands, hearts and homes!
- Together we made a difference! In a show of incredible support from donors and community partners, the Sigsbee Park Playground Rebuild was completed!
- YOU! Thank you to YOU, who make all of this and so much more possible every day for our students. You make Grand Rapids great!
As we quickly approach the festivities, the Grand Rapids Student Advancement Foundation is working tirelessly to strengthen the educational experiences of each and every GRPS student. Your support over the next year will continue to make a difference in the educational lives of almost 17,000 students!